massconverter is designed to be a component of construction of an industrial load cell scale. Depending on the needs, communication can be established via RS232, RS485. The MW-04-2
massconverter can connect with
weighingindicators or the PC. It is equipped with Inputs/Outputs enabling independent control of some industrial processes, e.g.: dosing. One MW-04-2 mass converter allows to operate up to 4
The converter is housed in a metal casing. Signal cables of the weighing platforms (4 pcs maximum) are fed through cable glands. RS232 is available on the M12 8P connector, RS485 may be fed through the PG11 cable gland. The device is equipped with an in-built power supply, this allows to power it directly from the mains.
By standard the MW-04-2 mass converter supports 2 weighing platforms, optionally it can support 4.
Area of use
• Industrial load cell scales;
• Connecting numerous weighing platforms to an industrial indicator;
• Dosing systems;
• Silo weighing;
• Discrete weighing (no weighing indicator) on a production line;
• Weighing in place with limited access, where instant readout of mass is not required, just record of weighings;
• Large embedded
scales,where the converter is installed under the scale;
• Simple systems for chackweighing and result control;
• Communication with the automation system due to an implemented MODBUS communication protocol.
Indicator Software Functions:
• Designing formulas and dosing processes directly on the weighing indicator,
• Dosing and formulations (manual and automatic),
• Configuration of communication between formula making
• Carrying out dosing and formulations on numerous platforms;
• Placing production orders for formulation (refers to PUE 5) with batches where the following is set: multiplier (quantity of formulation repetitions), source and target warehouse, user, scale.
"Formulations" software makes use of the weighing indicators functionality to the maximum when it comes to their operation along with actuators, e.g. control of dosing valves. Additional advantage is the possibility to set an interrelated ingredient dosing on various platforms within one formulation process.
Formulations and Dosing in the Industry
Industrial weighing indicators are designed on the basis of an innovative approach to formulation and dosing processes. Communication between the indicators and the modern MW-04 mass converters boosts the functionality of systems that realise both dosing and formulations. Use of communication interfaces in the MW-04 converter enables placing the weighing platform and the
indicatorin a considerable distance one from another.
Formulation process carried out using RADWAG indicators is highly popular in various areas of industry, the indicators enable either manual or automatic dispensing of many ingredients in accordance with a pre-defined formulation. Practically any product can be a formulation ingredient, either it is a loose material such as sugar, tea, grain, spices, powders etc. or liquid, this is possible thanks to appropriate automation.
• PUE 5 Indicator;
• PUE 7.1 Indicator;
• PUE HY10 Indicator;