1. Air pollution and its impact on the environment and on humans.
2. Types of PM and dust emissions from natural and anthropogenic sources.
3. Automatic and manual methods used in the measurement of PM mass fraction.
4. PN-EN 12341:2015 reference method
a. Filters used during sampling
b. Filter conditioning process
c. Dust collection
5. Mass measurement by manual and automatic methods – basic similarities and differences.
01:00 pm Conclusion and Q&A session
You will learn about the main sources of particulate matter emissions
You will find out about the methods used when testing the mass concentration of particulate matter
You will know what the PN-EN 12341:2015 reference method is all about
You will learn how to select a balance for your analysis in terms of readability
You will understand the difference between the weighing systems used in particulate matter testing
Slawomir Janas, PhD
for more than 25 years has been responsible for weight measurements and measurement methods at RADWAG. He is the author of more than 20 guides and scientific papers on topics related to mass measurements and methods used in water content studies. In 2019, he received a PhD in the discipline of commodity science from the Radom University of Technology and Humanities. He is also in charge of cooperation with notified bodies in the field of certification of balances and weighing systems. He is an expert in metrology of mass measurement, moisture measurement and validation of measurement devices and methods.